Member Success Coach Job Description
The Member Success Coach is an EXTREMELY IMPORTANT position to the success of our clubs and our members. You will help run exciting and fun classes while helping to attract and sign up new members!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and/or assist in the teaching of classes and private sessions according to Aces Jiu Jitsu Club standards
Organize the program
- Ensure that location activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that location activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
Help Sign Up New Members
- Use the Aces Jiu Jitsu Club member magnet system to convert interested prospects into passionate members
- Ensure that personnel files for assigned location are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all location staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate location activities (e.g. community outreach, tournaments, etc) using established volunteer management practices
Assist Existing Members
- Ensure all existing members are relieved of obstacles to training and have the very best Aces experience
- BJJ Blue Belt and Up
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of member/staff groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Member/Staff Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external persons to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Member Success Coaches usually work in a BJJ club and office environment but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Member Success Coaches work a 6 day work week and may be required to work evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
- ½ Select Group Insurance
- 20 days/yr PTO - *minus holidays
*All non-sick day PTO must have a minimum of two weeks notice using organization PTO request form