- Online class link COMING SOON!…
- Aces Jiu Jitsu Club temporarily closes physical locations.
- Fed gov advises against gatherings of more than 10 people.
- New normal in the US: Travel restrictions into the US go into effect today.
- 6 covid-19 cases confirmed in Austin
- Rigan Machado Seminar cancelled. All ticket purchasers will be be compted when we reschedule.
OTHER LOCAL NEW UPDATES
Austin Gov Site Updates – HERE
Local KUT New Updates – HERE
ACES JIU JITSU CLUB MESSAGE TO MEMBERS – COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
A healthy team is key to a healthy Aces Jiu Jitsu Club. For actionable steps you can take to keep your club and your team healthy during this time, we have prepared a blog post to help keep you updated on our policies associated with Novel Covid-19.
In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing here at Aces Jiu Jitsu Club to support you and your travel plans. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your training safety and provide maximum flexibility.
Some of our policies during this time may be a bit careful and conservative but we are taking the lead from the organizations and learned professionals closest to the accurate information.
So, let’s discuss some basic facts about COVID-19, precautions you can take, and measures we are taking in the club to prevent transmission. We are committed to making sure our members get the information they need during this outbreak, while minimizing exposure of ourselves and other members to potential infection. We’ve instituted policies to protect our members and our staff that keeps us all healthy. No one wants any of us to be sick, or to be quarantined for two weeks or more!
I’m emailing about the novel Coronavirus infection, COVID-19. At this time, cases have been confirmed in Dallas, San Antonio and Houston, not yet Austin. I suspect we will have confirmation of cases in Austin soon, but testing has been very limited so it may already be here.
Basic Protective Measures
- Wash your hands regularly and shower after EVERY class. Defense soap or an alcohol based hand rub is a great option according to WHO (the world health organization).
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
Your Training Safety
During this time it’s increasingly important to stay cautious and vigilant when training.
- Do NOT come in to train if you are sick! Avoid your teammates and classes if you have a stuffy nose, sore throat, fever, diarrhea, or otherwise feel unwell.
- Please make sure to bring clean training gear to EVERY session. WASH your Gi, shorts, shirts, and rashguards after every class.
Your Travel Safety
Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Aces Jiu Jitsu Club has suspended its official support for ALL BJJ tournaments for the foreseeable future. That includes and Aces coaching support. We suggest you follow our lead in this precaution. As we navigate this growing situation we will keep you posted when we change our position.
- MANY large events and gathering have been cancelled including Disneyworld/Disneyland, the IBJJF Pans, BJJ Globetrotters events, ALL flights from Europe, etc. We suggest Aces takes the similar precautions when choosing to travel. I have personally cancelled or moved all of my trips for the next few months until we have a better handle on this issue as a community.
I hope this information is helpful and serves to reduce anxieties and fears, while providing useful action points. We are putting measures in place to prevent the spread of illness, especially to the most vulnerable. We are updating our plan regularly, and keeping a close eye on developments, as well as communicating with public health authorities. We appreciate your understanding, patience, and effort to keep everyone in the Aces Jiu Jitsu Club family healthy as we all see our routines upended somewhat by this virus.
Feel free to share with friends and family as we navigate this pandemic and eventually get back to normal as safely as possible.
Other Useful Resources
Most recent TX COVID 19 testing criteria is under the “Evaluating patients” headline here: